THE POSITION: An opportunity exists for a motivated and engaging individual to join the Museum and Gallery team.
Fairfield City Museum and Gallery is a cultural facility of Fairfield City Council. The site consists of an art gallery (Stein Gallery), social history museum and Vintage Village. The role will involve engaging our local communities in order to increase the profile of Fairfield City Museum and Gallery and increase visitor numbers.
The role will involve working with the Social History and Exhibition Curator to develop and implement public programs to enhance visitors’ experience, interpretation and enjoyment of exhibitions; and to also assist the Museum Coordinator and Education Officer to develop and implement upper primary and secondary school education programs inspired by our collection and the Vintage Village site at the Council’s Museum and Gallery.
The position will require the successful applicant to work occasionally on evening events and on Saturdays.
If you are a next generation thinker with a passion for providing the best experience for your customers and would like to join a positive and energetic team we want to hear from you! Apply online today!
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience in using a range of community engagement approaches to build rapport with community members.
- Class C Drivers Licence
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
- Post Graduate studies Museum Studies, Social History, Visual Arts or related qualifications.
- Experience with Community Arts and Cultural Development (CACD) practices.
SALARY & EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
- Temporary position for a period of 12 months, 50 hours per fortnight
- This position is a Grade 4; salary range is $ 64,397 p.a. to $ 69,344 p.a. (pro-rata) on demonstrated competencies.
- Must be able to work the occasional Saturday.
- A Uniform is provided
FURTHER CONTACTS: Enquiries regarding the position should be directed to Carmel Aiello on 9725 0190, or email CAiello@fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au
CLOSING DATE: Applications close 3 June 2019
HOW TO APPLY: Applications must address the Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required in the Position Description. A Position Description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s Website. To apply online visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/fccjobs. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
We kindly ask for no recruiters at this stage.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860