$118,785 - $127,727** approx. (includes super and allowances)
Darwin is one of Australia's thriving capitals. Our city is both modern and multicultural, boasting many exciting cultural festivals and weekly food and craft markets, as well as a laid back, family friendly lifestyle. In business and industry circles, Darwin is described as Australia's gateway to South East Asia, with desirable Asian locations just a short flight away.
We are seeking an experienced professional and inspiring Human Resource professional to join our dynamic Human Resources team. Reporting to the Executive Manager, Human Resources and Safety you will lead and mentor the HR team to provide high level advice and support to City of Darwin management and staff in all aspects of human resources, in particular employee relations / industrial relations.
This role calls for strong technical ER skills and the ability to collaborate with a wide range of internal stakeholders in a local government environment.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead and deliver a human resources service to clients on a full range of employment matters including complex case management, grievances, position evaluations and classifications, reporting and recruitment.
- Coordinate to the enterprise bargaining process.
- Develop the implementation of HR strategies that support business outcomes.
- Build capability in the Human Resources and Safety team and across Council managers to reinforce best practice in employment relations and recruitment.
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources or related field and a minimum of five (5) years' experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in providing high level human resources service and advice.
- High level ability to research and consult to inform effective human resources policy and procedure development, and experience writing, communicating and implementing new initiatives.
- High level understanding and ability to interpret and apply industrial instruments and related employment legislation affecting local government.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with senior management, staff, and other stakeholders through respectful and open behaviour.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills including negotiation skills.
Be part of an innovative and committed council
With a strong commitment to a fair and equitable workplace ethos, rigorous adherence to WH&S procedures and a culture of innovation and transformation, you'll be focussed on high performance and quality outcomes. You will be ready to proactively lead and actively support the Council's vision, goals and values that complement a changing culture.
Applications close 5pm Monday 27 May 2019
For more information regarding this position, please contact Amy Griesbach, Organisational Development Lead on 08 8930 0538.
Information on this positon, the position description and to submit an application is available from https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/ For more information on the City of Darwin www.darwin.nt.gov.au
Applications addressing the selection criteria and accompanied by a resume should be submitted through our recruitment system prior to the closing date.
As part of Council's recruitment process, successful applications will undergo pre-employment assessments, which may include a medical.
City of Darwin offers six weeks annual leave, district allowance, salary sacrifice options, and the opportunity for continuous professional development and learning
Chief Executive Officer