Salary from $71,721 p.a. plus superannuation (pro-rata)
12 month Temporary full-time 35 hours per week
Fairfield City Council manages a variety of children and family services including long day care, preschool, family day care, supported playgroups, early intervention services and family support. Strong networking opportunities exist for staff who work within our services, as do internal opportunities for skill development and career progression across service types. The Children and Family Services Business Unit is strongly committed to providing opportunities for professional development and, study support (including study leave and reimbursement). Comprehensive, individualised training plans are also available, as is consistent support from the Manager.
Fairfield City Council is seeking to employ an enthusiastic Speech Pathologist to join our Fairstart Early Intervention Team. This position requires applicants to deliver individual and group sessions to young children with moderate to severe developmental delay and/or disabilities and other complex needs, Fairstart Early Intervention is a registered provider for the National Disability Insurance Scheme and Medicare and is proudly a not-for-profit provider.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology) with eligibility for membership of the Speech Pathology of Australia (SPA)
- Drivers License
- Experience managing a diverse and at times, challenging caseload of clients
- Experience assessing needs and implementing theoretically sound therapy techniques with children with moderate to severe disabilities aged 0-12 years
- Experience working with children and families with complex needs
- Experience providing intervention in a variety of settings (school, home, clinic, preschool)
- Experience in implementing and monitoring individual plans developed through a collaborative family centred approach with families, early learning centre and school staff
- Experience training adults (parents, teachers, etc)
- Qualifications in Adult Training & Education (eg.Hanen Accredited Courses)
- Experience working with interpreters and clients of CALD background
Applications close on 3 May 2019.
Please direct any enquiries to Children and Family Services on 9725 0393.
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council's expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer.
Applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description. Your resume should also be able to reflect the skills required. A position description is available from the contact person listed above, or from Council’s website.
Applicants must provide two current work references (Reference name, title and business phone number is required. Mobile numbers are not recommended). If you are successful to the final interview all qualifications and memberships must be supplied, by providing certified copies, and will be confirmed by Council.
To apply please visit Council’s website www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au or mail your application addressed to Alan Young, City Manager, PO Box 21, Fairfield NSW 1860.
ALAN YOUNG - CITY MANAGER
PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860