Are you self motivated and organised? Have an eye for detail? Do you enjoy customer service?
The Water Billing Officer is responsible for arranging water meter readings and preparation of usage accounts for Water Consumption, Non Residential Sewer charges and Trade Waste charges. Also ensuring this information is included on a quarterly basis as part of the Rate Instalment Notices and to provide usage details and account estimates where a special water reading is required.
Key areas of accountability for this position include:
- Provide accurate and timely calculation and issue of accounts for Water, Sewer and Trade Waste
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Prepare statistical reports relating to water consumption usage for various Council branches as required
- Participate and contribute to an effective and productive team
Essential Selection Criteria
Certificate IV in Business, Finance, Administration or relevant discipline
Experience in the use of Accounts Receivable systems and processes
Demonstrated ability to provide professional customer service both within and external to the organisation
Sound organisational/time management skills
High level knowledge and experience in the use of PC based office application software especially Microsoft applications including Word and Excel
Effective written and oral communication skills
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Proven ability to manage and maintain a ‘pay for use’ billing system
- Knowledge of the rating provisions of the Local Government Act 1993
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
Salary: $56,216 - $65,332 per annum plus superannuation
Closing Date: 5:00pm on Monday 29 April 2019
Enquiries: Accounts Receivable Team Leader - 6801 4282