When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- permanent full time - 70 hours per fortnight
- salary - $72,194 - $86,093 per annum, plus superannuation
- access to a leaseback vehicle
- a 9 day fortnight
- location - Maclean
- the opportunity to accrue time in lieu
- the opportunity to 'purchase' leave
About the role
We’re looking for a highly motivated Building Surveyor to join our busy dynamic team. You’ll be required to assess applications for Construction Certificates, Complying Development Certificates, Development Applications and other associated applications as well carry out progress inspections related to those approvals. You’ll be able to live and work in the Clarence Valley where we enjoy the finer things in life like catching a fish or a wave before work and river views on your daily commute; or perhaps you’d like to ride your horse on a hobby farm instead. We have a work/life balance that is exactly as it should be – balanced.
If you’re a professional Building Surveyor who wants to make the built environment a safe and healthy place to occupy and enjoy leisure time as much as office/on-site time, Clarence Valley Council wants to hear from you.
As a Building Surveyor you will:
- Assess applications for Construction Certificates, Complying Development Certificates, Development Applications and other associated applications
- Carry out progress inspections of approved works
- Provide professional technical advice to internal and external customers on building and development issues
Download the position description here.
Kerry Harre, Building & Environmental Services Coordinator on 6643 0264.
Sunday, 7 April 2019 at 11.30 pm (NSW time) daylight saving time
Other important information
This position is located at Council's Maclean office, however, this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
A probation period applies to this position.
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Applications received via Seek's "Apply for this job" function will not be considered.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and indigenous people are encouraged to apply.