About the Opportunity
The Shire of Wiluna now has an opportunity for a Water Reticulation Maintenance Officer to join their team in Wiluna, WA on a full-time basis.
As Maintenance Officer you will provide reticulation, plumbing and mechanical maintenance services as required to maintain the Shire's facilities, parks and gardens, and staff residential buildings. As part of the broader Works Team you will also assist in the management and maintenance of the Shire's airport, roads, town streets and parks.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Performing planned and responsive reticulation system and plumbing repairs to the Shire’s facilities and grounds, including new installation of irrigation systems;
- Performing planned and responsive building maintenance repairs and services to the Shire plant and equipment;
- Assisting in parks and gardens maintenance, litter control, mowing, verge clearing and weed spraying;
- Working with the Depot team members to ensure maintenance is carried out and that maintenance procedures and records are completed; and
- Other general duties as directed by the Assets Co-ordinator and/or Executive Manager Technical Services.
To view the position description and key selection criteria for this role, please click 'apply now'.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary package circa $88,435 - $99,935 (commensurate with experience)including super and rent-free accommodation! Negotiable relocation assistance of up to $3,500 is also provided, making it a great opportunity for interstate candidates wanting to apply!
About Shire of Wiluna
The Shire of Wiluna is a district comprising 182,156 square kilometres of predominantly desert and pastoral country which is situated deep in the beautiful but rugged the Murchison goldfields subregion of the boom state of Western Australia. As one of the more isolated local governments in the State, the Shire faces unique challenges and opportunities.
The Shire administration is based in the township of Wiluna, which is situated on the Goldfields Highway about 833kms from Perth. There are regular public transport flights from Perth three days per week and a direct sealed road link to Kalgoorlie which is 533kms away. Wiluna sits on the edge of the Western Desert and has a population of around 200 people, predominantly of Aboriginal descent. Although Wiluna is undeniably small and remote, it is a very liveable town offering good lifestyle opportunities and all the necessary local infrastructure, including a general store and post office, a primary school, a police station and a medical centre.
This opportunity won't last long - if you think you have the skills and experience we are looking for - Apply Now!
Applications will close at 5:00pm AWST on Friday 22nd March.