- Permanent full-time position with an immediate start!
- Enjoy working a 7 day rotating roster, 38 hours per week with a 9-day fortnight
- $63,786 up to $73,992 p.a. plus superannuation, allowances and penalty rates
Council is seeking a confident and experienced motivated individual to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a dynamic work team. With a passion for the waste industry you will be able to demonstrate that you have strong communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently. To succeed in this role you must have solid time management skills and have experience in mentoring and developing a team with a diverse range of skills.
About the Role
Working at Council’s Resource Recovery Centre (approximately 5 minutes from Moss Vale) you will actively lead and supervise the day-to-day waste management operations and maintenance activities. You will maintain high quality standards on-site as well as ensuring operational compliance with all on-site activities with respect to relevant legislation. This position will require the successful applicant to work every alternate weekend.
Salary for this position is based on skills, experience and qualifications and will range from $63,786pa to $73,992pa + super, penalty rates and allowances as per the Local Government (State) Award.
In addition to holding a Certificate IV in Construction, Waste Management or a trade qualification relevant to the position, you will have extensive experience in a supervisory role ideally within the waste industry. Along with the relevant qualifications and being a team player you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good understanding of operational aspects of waste management services to internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of Weighbridge operations and cash handling process.
- High level of communication skills and ability to inspire and motivate a team to work cooperatively.
- A sound practical knowledge of the use of plant, machinery and maintenance within the waste industry.
- Demonstrated understanding of Workplace Health and Safety and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite.
- The ability to prioritise planned and reactive maintenance works.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence and current White Card.
Located in the Southern Highlands, Wingecarribee Shire Council is within comfortable travelling distance of Sydney, Canberra, the South Coast and the Illawarra. With four distinct and stunning seasons combined with glorious countryside rich in biodiversity and appeal, it’s an enviable lifestyle location.
How to Apply
Applications including a cover letter, resume and statement addressing both the Essential and Desirable Selection Criteria are to be submitted online by visiting www.wsc.nsw.gov.au (Careers @ Council).
The Selection Criteria is contained in the Position Description which you will need to download and review the criteria before submitting your on-line application. All documents are to be attached either as a PDF or Microsoft Office Word document. Applications not addressing the Essential and Desirable Selection Criteria may not be considered.
Applicants are advised to read Council’s Recruitment Information Package which can be found at www.wsc.nsw.gov.au (Careers @ Council), before submitting their on-line application.
The online process allows for three (3) items to be uploaded i.e. Resume, Covering Letter and your statement addressing the Selection Criteria.
For a confidential discussion or to obtain further information please contact Chris Murphy, Coordinator Business Services on (02) 4868 0572.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered for the position.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 24 February 2019.