Do you have experience in facility management? Do you have knowledge of building and ground maintenance?
This position is responsible for:
- Providing well maintained facilities at the showground for use by commercial and community organisations. This position is also responsible for the professional hosting of National, State and local events and conferences.
- Managing facility enquires and bookings for national, state and local events and conferences.
- Coordinating licences and lease arrangements including oversees the lease arrangement of the Wellington Showground.
- Coordinating with a diverse range of event holders.
Key areas of accountability for this position include:
- Facility Hire and Event Customer Management
- Showgrounds Operations
- Showgrounds Asset management
- Showgrounds Business management
Essential Selection Criteria
- Diploma in business management, tourism or agriculture or experience commensurate to the qualification
- Working knowledge in overseeing building and ground maintenance and safety management systems
- Highly developed skills in communication and demonstrated skills in leadership, negotiation and facilitation
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office Programs including MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook
- Strong project management experience and the capacity for administrative detail
Desirable Selection Criteria
Understanding and experience in the event industry including planning and coordinating major events
Experience demonstrating skills in contract management and total asset management
Experience in business development or customer service roles in the agriculture industry.
Please refer to the attached Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria which all applicants must meet.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment. Please refer to the attached Jobs Demands document for the physical requirements of the position.
Salary: $73,121 - $84,977 per annum plus superannuation
Closing Date: 5:00pm on Friday 22 February 2019
Enquiries: Manager Saleyard & Showgrounds - 6801 4541