Division: PEOPLE, PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY
Unit: DATA & INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
Section: INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
Salary: AUD $114,959 to $130,649 per annum plus Superannuation (Remuneration stated is for the full-time position)
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full time, 36.25 hours per week
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
The City of Sydney, one of Australia's premier Councils, has an opportunity available for an Information Access Analyst to join the Information Access Team to make a significant contribution to the City's public access to information and open data operations and procedures. This is a new role.
About the role
The Information Access Team is the principle provider of information access services for the City of Sydney. The team responds to c.4,500 requests a year from the public and provides expert advice to City staff. The team also deals with subpoenas and notices to produce and carries compliance responsibilities under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009. The City's Open Data Portal is growing and the team has a major role in developing this proactive access function.
The role reports to the Information Access Team Leader - other key stakeholders are the Manager Information Management and the Chief Data and Information Management.
- provide authoritative specialised input on all aspects of access to information, open data, relevant legislation, policy, procedure and practice
- build the City's compliance with the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009
- build the City's open data function
- provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- ensure that public information access requests and subpoenas are dealt with consistent with legislation and the City's established information access processes
- build and maintain relationships with City Divisions to facilitate and grow the information access and open data functions
- participate in the delivery of educational and awareness programs
Skills and experience
You will have:
- tertiary qualifications in Information Management, Governance, public administration or related discipline, or the equivalent knowledge and experience gained by practical application over a sustained period of time
- significant knowledge and demonstrated working experience in public sector roles in a complex environment as an information access practitioner
- knowledge and demonstrated experience in the field of open data
- excellent written and verbal communication, story-telling and interpersonal skills
- excellent organisation and administration skills
- experience in applying analytical thought, independent and interpretive judgement and initiative
- capacity to support and foster a good information access culture and to respond successfully to emerging management and technology trends impacting on information access and open data
You will have the opportunity to play a significant part in creating this role and in helping progress the City's goals of openness and transparency and of becoming a significant contributor to open data internationally. You will be working with like-minded professionals, in a flexible and friendly work environment.
Do you want to be part of something challenging and rewarding? Are you passionate about serving our community? The City of Sydney might be the right career move for you.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and address the essential criteria (selection criteria) as stated within the position description that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
This role will require a National Criminal Health Check and a Pre Employment Health Declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11.59pm, Wednesday 20 February 2019.
For further information contact: David Watson, Information Access Team Leader, on 9265 9119.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.