- Permanent, full time position
- A Senior role with impact
- Interesting mix of environmental reporting, project delivery and policy development
Are you passionate about environmental issues and have a strong background in corporate environmental data monitoring and reporting, policy and in sustainability projects delivery?
If you answered "Yes" to the above, the City of Ryde has an exciting opportunity for you to work at Council in a full-time position within Council's Environment Team to contribute towards really making a difference.
Key to your success will be your highly developed skill set in technical data analysis for environmental corporate reporting towards Council's environmental goals and targets. Your policy and strategic thinking ability will assist to develop new, and update existing policies relating to the environment, sustainable transport and climate change resilience. Additional elements of the role will see you develop and deliver projects relating to sustainable transport and renewable opportunities within the city and for community.
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental management, environmental engineering or related discipline
- Strong technical data investigation and analysis for corporate environmental reporting and efficiencies projects development
- Experience in developing strategic environmental and sustainability policy
- Strong demonstrated project management skills to research, develop, implement and manage a wide range of projects including writing of contracts and tenders
- Strong ability for corporate report delivery
- Understanding of environmental and sustainability legislation relevant to local government
- Demonstrated computer literacy including MS applications and reporting programs
- Current drivers licence
Your commencing salary will be from $96,818 p.a (plus Superannuation) subject to your experience and qualifications. Conditions include flexible working hours with the option of a rostered day off each 3rd week, modern offices at North Ryde, and on-going training and career development.
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. In addition to answering the questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
Interested, like to know more? Please visit our Work at Ryde website or call Kylie McMahon on (02) 9952 8254 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 17 February 2019 at 11.30 pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer