When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- fixed term full time - 70 hours per fortnight
- salary - $51,516 - $61,434
- a 9 day fortnight
- location - Grafton
- the opportunity to accrue time in lieu
- the opportunity to 'purchase' leave
About the role
Clarence Valley Council is committed to making a positive difference to our community by putting customers at the centre of everything we do.
Clarence Valley Council is seeking an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic customer service professional to become part of our busy customer services team. We are seeking to fill a 2 year contracted, full-time position in our Customer Service Centre. You will work in a high-volume omni-channel environment, where our focus is about making a positive difference to our community by providing exceptional customer service.
Your day will be varied and challenging and will require you to demonstrate your well-developed communication skills, positive approach to problem solving, and ability to thrive in a changing environment. Your role will be to provide accurate information and advice to all external and internal customer enquiries relating to services provided by the council. You will be proficient with cash handling and have the ability to diplomatically handle situations with our valued customers. An eye for detail that ensures system information is accurately captured and maintained is important. You will need to have the ability to deal effectively with people from a range of backgrounds on the telephone in our Call Centre, and face to face with visitors to the Council’s offices.
Download the position description here.
Lynette Burley, Team Leader Customer Service on 6643 0257.
Sunday, 3 February 2019 at 11.30 pm (NSW time) daylight saving time
Other important information
** Preferred applicants for this position will be required to undergo a Criminal History Check. **
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Applications received via Seek's "Apply for this job" function will not be considered.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply relevant certificates and licences
Council is an EEO employer and indigenous people are encouraged to apply.