When life speeds up and becomes more complicated we yearn for simple things, like time, a sense of connection, stability, belonging to a community. We’ve had a good close up look and reckon that this is what Clarence Valley can deliver to your life and your family.
So, if you want what others have - that’s great. But just maybe we’re what you need.
Either way it really can’t hurt to check what living in the Clarence is all about.... right!
Clarence Valley Council has reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment.
So... come join us in the Clarence Valley where we work, rest & play!
Checkout about living in the Clarence Valley here.
What you need to know...
- permanent full time - 76 hours per fortnight
- salary - $74,541 - $88,891
- a 9 day fortnight
- location - Grafton
- the opportunity to accrue time in lieu
- the opportunity to 'purchase' leave
About the role
Are you passionate about Horticulture? Arboriculture? Are you looking for an opportunity ‘to plan and deliver services valued by the community’?
Apply to join Clarence Valley Council’s Open Spaces team for the opportunity to test and grow your skills in one of the most scenic beautiful and geographically diverse areas of the Northern Rivers.
We are seeking an experienced and outstanding applicant to supervise three work teams, to plan and implement the efficient and effective operations and maintenance of Council’s open space, parks and reserves and to project manage minor capital works from the mountain ranges and coastal fringes within the Clarence Valley.
We offer a good work / life balance, and STRIVE ‘to make the Clarence Valley a community full of opportunity’.
Download the position description here.
A probation period applies to this position.
David Sutton, Open Spaces Coordinator on 6643 0225.
Sunday, 3 February 2019 at 11.30 pm (NSW time) daylight saving time
How to apply:
- All applications must be lodged online via Council's website www.clarence.nsw.gov.au.
- Applications received via Seek's "Apply for this job" function will not be considered.
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document, and then copy and paste into the fields below.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with Council.
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply a resume and relevant certificates and licences.
Council is an EEO employer and indigenous people are encouraged to apply.