- Exciting professional opportunity
- Have a say in a diverse range of projects to make our area a great place to live and work!
- Permanent full time position + RDO
Central Coast Council is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a healthy and safe work environment. We are committed to diversity in our community and our workforce and encourage Indigenous Australians, people with a disability and people from diverse backgrounds to apply to be part of our inclusive team.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work http://www.thisisthecentralcoast.com.au/about.
This role involves co-ordinating Development Application Assessment referrals, providing advice to other Development Assessment Engineers and for determining and imposing conditions of development consent.
You will be ensuring the engineering aspects of developments achieve Council’s requirements in relation to asset quality and management, safety and risk, sustainability, community expectations and impact on the built and natural environment.
Key activities of this role include:
- Representing the Engineering Assessment Team at Development Assessment Review Team (DART) meetings;
- Providing considered professional advice regarding the assessment and determination of engineering requirements and statutory responsibilities for acceptance of public infrastructure works;
- Assessing and determining engineering and associated aspects of Part 4 and Part 5 Applications and Part 4A Certificates in accordance with the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act.
Please refer to the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a salary range between $1689.53 to $2091.99 per week - $88,092 to $109,222 per annum (includes Civil Liabilities Allowance and Market Loading) + superannuation + Leaseback vehicle.
A vehicle is provided for official duties and private use leaseback is available in accordance with Council’s Vehicle Policy.
Enquiries: John Noakes, Team Leader, Engineering Assessment South on ph: 02 4325 8210.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Wednesday, 23 January 2019.