- Exciting career opportunity in the third largest, and rapidly growing NSW LGA
- Work with a highly experienced Development Assessment team
- Permanent full time position + RDO + Flexible work conditions
- Private use Leaseback vehicle
Central Coast Council is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a healthy and safe work environment. We are committed to diversity in our community and our workforce and encourage Indigenous Australians, people with a disability and people from diverse backgrounds to apply to be part of our inclusive team.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work http://www.thisisthecentralcoast.com.au/about.
As a Senior Development Flooding Engineer you will be responsible for influencing and regulating land use development through the provision of water engineering services that relate to public safety, the prevention of property damage, and in particular flooding and stormwater drainage, ensuring risks to life and property are managed in accordance with industry, risk management and statutory requirements.
This role requires a candidate with high level knowledge and experience across all aspects of water engineering management, a strong work ethic, with the ability to work independently across multiple areas and projects, such as large residential & industrial developments, where you will be working from the initial planning throughout the project lifecycle.
Key activities of this role include:
- Providing professional advice on detailed flooding, drainage, water quality and related safety issued for specific sites involving development applications and pre-lodgement applications;
- Ensuring the application of appropriate information in modelling and data management techniques for emergency flood planning;
- Attending to engineering matters related to court appeals for developments.
Please refer to the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role offers a salary range of between $1,689.53 to $2,031.49 per week ($88,032 to $105,922 per annum) (inclusive of Civil Liabilities Allowance ) + superannuation.
A vehicle is provided for official duties and private use leaseback is available in accordance with Council’s Vehicle Policy.
Enquiries: John Noakes, Team Leader Engineering Assessments (South) on ph: 02 4325 8210 or Adam Mularczyk, Team Leader Engineering Assessment (North) on ph: 02 4350 5496.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Wednesday, 23 January 2019.