Salary: $1205.25 - $1266.26 per week + super
Position Status: Permanent full time
Hours of work: 35hrs per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 4.45pm
Closing: Friday, 25 January 2018 at 4pm
About the Organisation
Congratulations, on taking the first step toward joining one of the Bathurst Region's largest employers! Bathurst Regional Council employs over 400 staff and provides a large range of services to our community.
Working for Council is a stimulating and rewarding career option, providing the opportunity to be part of a team contributing to shaping the success and future of our Region.
Bathurst really is the best of both worlds - a beautiful country lifestyle just two and a half hours from Sydney. Bathurst is Australia’s oldest inland settlement located just over 200 kilometres west of Sydney on the Macquarie River. The region is conveniently located with effective transport links to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra and there is no shortage of things to see and do if you want to explore or take a lazy Sunday drive.
About the Role
Have you ever wanted to broaden your community development skills across diverse demographics and groups within the community?
Bathurst Regional Council is looking for a suitably qualified, dynamic individual with an understanding of the principles and practice of community development.
The Community Development Officer will coordinate community projects, events and committees across various targeted groups in the community, which include but are not limited to, Bathurst Regional Youth Council and Seniors Festival Organising Committee. The Community Development Officer will also oversee the Bathurst Community Safety Plan, and assist with programs delivered from the Kelso Community Hub.
The successful candidate will proactively establish and grow partnerships, both internal and external, to deliver optimal outcomes for the local community.
The position will require some out of hours work.
- To work with Council’s Community Development Team Leader (CDTL) to deliver Community Development projects and programs across identified target groups/areas within the community which may include young people, older people, people from a Culturally and linguistically diverse background, people with a disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- To proactively strengthen relationships between Government and Non-Government agencies to ensure collaboration in delivering optimal outcomes and advocating to meet relevant community needs in the Bathurst LGA.
- To provide secretarial support and coordinate the operations and projects of various committees including Senior’s Festival Organising Committee, Bathurst Community Safety Committee, Bathurst Regional Youth Council, Bathurst Youth Network and other committees as required.
- To assist with the delivery of Council’s planning documents including the Community Strategic Plan, Community Safety Plan, Disability Inclusion Action Plan and Reconciliation Action Plan.
- To identify and apply for funding to assist with Community Development projects.
- To assist in broader community projects and activities as required including representing Council on relevant external and internal committees and providing a point of contact for government and non-government organisations.
- To work with staff, key stakeholders and community through the Kelso Community Hub.
- To facilitate the successful development, implementation and evaluation of community events which may include Senior’s Festival, Youth Week, Harmony Day, International Women’s Day, Grandparent’s Day, and Bathurst Regional Youth Council.
Contact Officer: Erin Trevor-Jones - 02 6333 6135