- Salary $78,292.24 - $90,819.56 p/a + super
- Tertiary qualifications & experience essential
Ku-ring-gai Council is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced professional to join our Development Assessment Services team.
Reporting to the Team Leader Development Engineers, this role will see you assess engineering components of proposed developments and supervise construction of civil works while liaising with a range of stakeholders and providing technical engineering support.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Processing the engineering component of development applications
- Providing high quality, accurate technical advice within agreed time frames
- Inspection and supervision of civil works
- Providing technical advice on strategic planning issues
- Representing Council in court, at Council meetings and on site meetings
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on person who possesses the ability to work collaboratively in a team to tight time frames while maintaining the provision of consistent, high quality service delivery.
To be considered for this role you will require relevant tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering and experience in a similar role.
Knowledge of development control issues and experience in traffic, drainage and engineering assessment is also a requirement of this position along with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to negotiate and handle sensitive communications with developers and stakeholders.
This position is 35 hours per week with access to flexi time.
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to address all Essential Criteria as listed within the Position Description to be eligible for an interview.
Like to know more? Please Contact Brian O’Connell - 9424 0891
Closes: 11:45pm, Thursday 24th January 2019
Ku-ring-gai Council is an equal opportunity employer