- Permanent full time role
- Excellent working conditions including RDO scheme
- Competitive salary + option of To and From Work Vehicle
The City of Ryde has an exciting opportunity available for a motivated individual to join Council's Waste Team in the Business Infrastructure Department.
As a Waste Prevention Officer, you will be responsible for the regulation and enforcement of illegal dumping and littering. In this varied role, you will also be responsible for assisting in the education of the Community around illegal dumping and littering and the implementation of specific projects to support illegal dumping and littering strategies.
You will also be responsible for liaising with both external and internal stakeholders in developing procedures to support the reduction of illegal dumping.
If you are looking for an interesting and high engagement role then you should seriously consider this opportunity.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Waste Management, Sustainability or similar, or have proven experience in a Compliance, Enforcement or similar role
- Proven experience in carrying out pro-active patrols or similar compliance activities, ideally with an illegal dumping and littering focus
- Demonstrated experience in the issuing of infringement notices
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Well-developed written communication skills
- Experience in interpreting Acts, Regulations or similar legislation
- Current driver's licence
Your commencing salary will be in the range of $71,669 to $90,898 p.a. plus Superannuation (subject to your experience and qualifications). Ongoing training & development opportunities and flexible working conditions are also available as a feature of working at the City of Ryde.
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Jude Colechin on (02) 9952 8269 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 27 January 2019 at 11.30 pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer