- Implement key waste management projects
- Permanent full time position
- Salary range from $75,669 up to $85,127 + Superannuation (subject to your skills & experience)
As a Project Coordinator in our Waste team, your focus will be to develop and implement projects associated with the Council's waste reduction strategies and programs in accordance with Council's Waste Management Strategy Strategy and the EPA Waste & Sustainability Improvement Program. These programs aim to educate residents in regards to their waste management practices by facilitating workshops, developing educational resources and contributing to the development of communication material to promote waste & recycling initiatives and the reduction of litter and illegal dumping.
You will also contribute to and assist in implementing and developing other related projects, including the annual waste calendar and community events as well as supporting all facets of customer service and waste administration in connection with the collection service.
- Tertiary qualifications in Waste Management, Environmental Science, Project Management, or equivalent technical skills and experience in waste management
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated ability to research, develop, implement, coordinate and manage projects within quality, time and cost requirements particularly waste related
- Proven skills in developing conceptual artwork and promotional material to assist in implementing waste & recycling initiatives
- Proven ability to develop and implement behaviour change campaigns
- Experience in coordinating and managing waste and recycling projects
- Knowledge of waste and resource recovery initiatives
- Ability to liaise with a diverse community with strong customer service focus.
- Strong level of computer literacy using MS applications including publishing software
- Current driver's licence
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a growth area of local government and make a significant contribution to the community at the City of Ryde.
How to apply
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process. Please note you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however, you will need to complete your application without "logging-out" of the system.
In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Jude Colechin on (02) 9952 8269 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 27 January 2019 at 11.30 pm
City of Ryde is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer