Permanent | Full Time
Salary from $114,464 up to $134,833 per annum plus superannuation
and the option of a motor vehicle equalisation allowance or a lease for private use of a motor vehicle
Recruitment No 18183
Contribute to creating an extraordinary Wollongong for our community.
The Parks and Open Spaces Manager is responsible for leading and directing Parks and Open Spaces branch to ensure a high quality standard of City Presentation of parks, streetscapes, natural areas and open space facilities are provided for the community. This position is also responsible for ensuring effective collaboration, innovation and integration with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the City’s parks and open spaces are planned, maintained, developed and delivered in a manner that is consistent with the evolving needs of the community.
Your success in this role will be demonstrated through your ability to lead strategically and innovatively. You will also be committed to achieving high quality outcomes and results for the organisation and community, driving a high level of customer service. You will have strong leadership, extensive experience in delivery public domain, and strong communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with an ability to engage across all levels of the business.
Interested? Please review the position details below and attach to your online application www.wollongong.nsw.gov.au/jobs. Please note that hardcopy, faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted.
- Completed an industry recognised degree relevant to the position
- Extensive experience in managing the delivery of public domain including parks, open space and streetscapes.
- High degree of knowledge of the parks and open space industry (both domestic and internationally) including relevant practices, policies, legal and legislative requirements.
- Demonstrated experience effectively driving, leading and influencing change to gain commitment and develop a performance based culture.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to management multiple projects meet strict deadlines and deliver identified outcomes
- Demonstrated financial management skills to prepare, analyse and manage budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement business plans and maintenance programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple works programs and projects within strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated competence in contract administration, preparation of specifications and the preparation of technical reports.
- Class C Drivers licence.
For further information please visit www.wollongong.nsw.gov.au/jobs to access the Information pack. Alternatively you may Mark Roebuck, Manager, City Works + Services on (02) 4227 8670
Applications close at 12 midday on Monday 26 November 2018.
Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.